Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Viking Interlude 445




This is what I've been playing with. I got a new sewing machine! Actually, I bought it used from someone who bought it used, on Craigslist. I found someone in an online sewing community who paid $1200 for it in 2005, and I paid $250. So I'm doing the happy dance. It is so much fun to play with. I walked over to the book store yesterday on my lunch hour and just poured over 12 or 13 fabric related books. I just fell in love with two of them:



Simple Sewing with a French Twist by Celine Dupuy







And...

Printing by Hand by Lena Corwin























I really needed another time consuming, fund consuming, self consuming hobby. (I'm so happy!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic price for the Viking. I can't believe you got it that cheap. Whoever sold it really didn't understand the value of a quality machine such as this. I have a Bernina and I'm sure it will be about 20 years before you can say it's only worth $250.

Enjoy the new toy. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I need to check out those books. I need to do some home projects.

Hopelovepeace said...

Yeah, well, I thought about the fact that she only paid $400 for it, so she basically 'rented' for a number of years for only $150. It was the original owner who may have misjudged the value? I'm so happy.