Monday, July 28, 2008

Reunions

I've been walking to the bookstore on my lunch hour and leafing through various books that catch my eye. One such book was about organization. I've been pretty disorganized since my son was born. (Today is his 2nd birthday.)

The book said the palest ink is better than the best memory. Write everything down. After about a month of re-using office paper I find here and there, I'm past writing down just my regular to-do list. I have written the names of 20 people I would like to stay in touch with better. Some of these people I literally haven't seen in years!

I've been inviting them into my life again, and some have embraced me with open arms. Some are still simply a name written down at the top of a blank little piece of paper I carry around with me. Just seeing their name and knowing I'm going to contact them makes me happy.

Go check out the Knitting Sutra blog latest sacred Sunday! Totally inspiring. (You can find it in my blog roll.)

No comments: