Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Japanese word for Seredipity?




I cast this on when I was in Tokyo. It is called "Japanese Feather" and is from BW2ndTreasury. It is really easy to work. Definitely a high payback for the time and effort involved in the stitch. The yarn is the undyed silk I bought from Sarah's yarns to make the Forecast Sweater, I have no idea how long ago that was. I think it predates the blog.

(The color is more accurate in the 2nd photo.)




The problem is that it really doesn't look like any sort of garment a person would wear. A scarf, maybe, but I made it too narrow to be a shawl. I have 1000 yards of this lovely stuff! It would be a very long scarf, I think.

Well, can you believe one of Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls calls for 1000 yards of silk? (I know I am so behind the times on this discovery. I can't get to Ravelry from here at work, but even just plain old Google will tell you that I'm like the last person on Earth to know about the Kimono Shawl.) Keeping with the Japanese motif! So the silk I bought was meant to be knitted up into the Kimono Shawl. The funny thing is, shawls were one thing I just didn't get when I first started knitting. I definitely have caught the bug. That is obvious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That is going to be just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I love your blog, I read it all the time!

Anonymous said...

What pretty lacework!